Mike Right has been drawing since he was a wee high boy…he went from crayons on the wall to sketching on his high school notes to finally settling on (with some initial resistance) a mouse as his main tool of choice.
After graduating from Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri, Mike went on to work at Louis London/Momentum as their in-house illustrator. This is where he met his lovely wife and Creative Director, Dina. Mike and Dina were drawn together in 1991. Their creative juices started flowing when they met. Since then, they have been creating art and children, art and children, art and…you get the picture.
Currently, Mike works from his home studio in St. Louis where he can be seen working all hours of the night.
• Highly skilled with Photoshop, Illustrator, traditional hand sketch, and marker media.
• Mastery of drawing skills, quick sketch idea formulation and refinement of line, tone,
color and composition.
• Strong ability to take a vague idea and create stunning, on-target visual solutions.
• Completion of assignments under tight deadlines.
• Committed to meeting client needs and communicating throughout the illustration process.
DRAW LLC - FREELANCE ILLUSTRATOR
Consistently delivers imaginative, creative and solution-based illustration solutions for clients on-time and on-budget. My diverse illustration capabilities allow me to create comps to final art for a large array of styles and client needs.
• Create full color theme park map for Sesame Place Theme Park. Met with agency team members and theme
park executives to concept attraction hierarchy. Walked park to sketch reference for final map illustration.
• Layout and illustrate attraction map for Bay of Play and Safari of Fun for SeaWorld Theme Parks.
• Illustrate new attractions and add to existing theme park maps for Sea World, and Busch Gardens.
• Create key visual illustrations for attraction concepts for SeaWorld and Busch Gardens Theme Parks.
• Concepting, sketching, and final illustration of The Official Cardinals Yearly Scorecards since 2003.
• Development and illustration of a wide variety of characters and seasonal scenes for packaging and point-of-sale for Build-a-Bear,
Nestle Purina, Prairie Farms, Kraft, Coca-Cola, Atlantis Resorts, and others.
• Design concession stand and event space layouts and final graphics for themed event marketing for Busch Stadium and Prairie Farms.
• Provide full-color & pencil environmental sketches of promotional events for Kraft Foods, Anheuser-Busch, Coca-Cola, and Monsanto.
• Create Editorial illustrations for The Wall Street Journal and Edward Jones.
• On-site concept sketching and comp illustrations for Nestle Purina and Anheuser-Busch.
• Illustrate vector icons for Panera’s online order system. Create icons on-going as new menu items and services become available.
• Produce children's book illustrations from concept to final art for “The American Pickers” “Kid Pickers”, “The Art of Etiquette”, and “OOPS!”
• Attended McDonald’s Owners & Managers Ideation Conference to produce visuals based on conference concepts for next-day focus group.
MOMENTUM - ILLUSTRATOR 1991-2008
Responsible for collaborating with creative teams and account executives to ensure the most impressive visual results for a large client base with a wide variety of styles in a timely manner.
• Developed graphics for point-of-sale displays for Anheuser-Busch, Miller Brewing Co. and Brown-Forman.
• Created pencil comps for photography used on Aurora Food Brands packaging and FSI’s.
• Provided full-color environmental sketches for event marketing for clients such as:
Anheuser-Busch, American Airlines, U.S. Army, Coca-Cola, General Motors, and many more.
• Illustrated existing branded characters in new poses for 7-UP, Planter’s, Kraft Foods, Kellogg’s and others.
• Created art for neon, metal and display signage for Miller Brewing Co., Anheuser-Busch, Coca-Cola, Barq’s Root beer.
• Produced storyboard art for commercial concepts for a diverse set of clients.
• Created color concept drawings for rides and attractions for SeaWorld and Busch Gardens Theme Parks.
• Designed and created event marketing environmental sketches for The U.S. Army, Coca-Cola, General Motors, and many more.
• Drew instructional and step-by-step art for packaging for Round-Up, Ortho, Kraft Foods, and Boise Cascade.
EDUCATION - WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY
Bachelor of Fine Arts - Illustration